BYHOURS is one of the top start-ups of Travel & Tourism among the 100 finalists of South Summit 2018!
BYHOURS can be found among the 100 finalists that respond to the demands of innovation in Travel & Tourism, one of the leading industries in this edition of South Summit, where new trends such as ‘Smart Tourism’ or ‘Smart Destinations’ will be analysed. Innovative solutions that, based on cutting-edge technology, seek sustainable development of tourist territories.
The leading event for entrepreneurs and start-ups will gather from 3rd -5th October in the space La Nave space in Madrid. The South Summit has become the point of reference in the start-up world, where the 100 most innovative start-ups in the world meet every year. It is a seal of quality recognized by all the agents in the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
A committee formed by 120 experts from the world of investment and corporate has been responsible for selecting the hundred start-ups of this edition among the more than 3,000 projects submitted, from 84 countries. The criteria for selecting participants is based on the innovation of the project, economic viability, scalability, equipment and if it arouses interest for investment.
In total, more than 3,500 projects were submitted, 47% of Spanish origin and 53% of international origin. More than 650 investors gathered last year and start-ups from previous editions have raised +1.5 billion dollars with success stories such as Cabify, Typeform, Drivy, Glovo, and Spotahome.
BYHOURS has led the concept of microstays and the personalization of travel, focusing on the concept of flexibility and the wishes of the consumer in the hotel industry. BYHOURS is very excited to be chosen to participate in the South Summit with its own space in the meeting to gain visibility, access new business opportunities and publicize their projects to investors and corporations around the world in an active search for innovation. Both founders Christian Rodriguez and Guillermo Gaspart will represent BYHOURS at the South Summit.
Other start-up finalists in the Travel & Tourism sector this year:
- Aervio: a Travel Management Company, integrating a powerful platform with cognitive technology, to deliver a fast and efficient travel service.
- BagTrax: A very small device, easily placed in your luggage, sends its location coordinates to a remote server just after landing.
- Cohosting: a tool connecting hosts and guests.
- Kolaboo: the tours, attraction tickets and tourist activities comparison engine.
- Pruvo: hotel booking service which alerts the costumer of price drops on hotel rooms.
- Spacebase: to book meeting rooms or working spaces around the world.
- Tripsum: an online travel agent
- TroopTravel: combine Big Data with Machine Learning to help travel managers to find the best meeting locations for globally distributed teams.